If you feel stiff, sore, or achy running, the test below is a “must try.”
Weak glutes strain the ankles, knees, hips, and low back. Over time, this strain leads to injuries, like tendonitis, muscle strains, and sore joints.
As a Physical Therapist, the first place I assess on a runner is glute strength. Why? Strong glutes are at the foundation of a long and healthy running career.
Take a minute and try the simple strength test below.
If you find yourself struggling to balance or maintain good alignment (without forcing it), you need to improve your glute strength!
Steve Gonser PT DPT
For runners who want stronger glutes, the NEW RunSmart App is perfect for you!
Inside the RunSmart App, you can stream at home workouts that help runners get back to running and feeling great.
The RunSmart App Gives You:
- A complete strength guide to help every level of runner get stronger, fix imbalances, and improve their running.
- Instant & 24/7 access to your strength workouts through the RunSmart App.
- All workouts designed and used by Physical Therapist and 6X Boston Qualifier, Steve Gonser PT DPT.
- Zero equipment needed for most programs — which means you can fit them in from home, work, or on the road.
- Targeted workouts and exercises developed to help runners fix imbalances that cause most injuries and slower running.
- Programs are self-paced with zero pressure to keep up.
- Exercises target multiple muscle groups at once and make them more effective and time-efficient than traditional programs.
Check out the NEW RunSmart App for a limited time with a $1, two-week trial.
Click this green button to start your trial: