If you have ever tried to work on your running form but only end up confused, tired, and frustrated, you’re not alone.
Why does this happen?
Because you’ve become efficient at being inefficient.
This means that even if you’re run form is terrible, it can feel “normal” over time.
Consider the millions of strides by runners. Each stride further “engrains” the bad habit to make smoother and more natural.
So how can you make lasting change in your running that results in things like this?
Do what we did with Andy and start by identifying what I call “big rocks.”
Big rocks are the things that, if you improve, can have the largest effect on your running.
Too often, runners dabble from one run form change to the next. The lack of focus and inconsistency usually just ends up with the “am I doing this right?” and feeling more tired.
Most big rocks revolve around:
- Foot strike and overstriding
- Weakness and Imbalance
- Lacking a good drive from the hips
- Closed and laboring stride
- Stiffness in key areas that prevent smoother running
There are other form flaws, but these are typically the top 5.
I suggest you identify your big rock and be consistent with the changes.
As you “re-wire” your bad habits, you’ll not only be running smoother and more fluid, but your pace can improve, too.
Want help analyzing your run form?
Click this button:
Through 11/4/2020, we have discounted our run analysis by 20% — the only time of the year we do this! We give you have a full year to submit your videos!
Here’s what’s included in your analysis:
- Complete frame-by-frame analysis with voice over to help you understand what you can to help your running.
- Download your performance and reference it in the future to continue improving
- Your analysis is sent back as a video, not with images, to allow you to visualize and understand your running fully.
- Avoid digging through blogs and videos to learn tricks and tips for improving your running — our Physical Therapist will tell you exactly what to focus on.
- Recording and uploading are simple and can be accomplished from most cell phones.
- Your analysis is conducted by a Physical Therapist who knows running.
- All purchases are good for up to one year — so you can submit your video when you’re ready.
If you’re serious about running and what to improve your running form, this is the perfect opportunity to get started.
Click this button to sign up: