Do you feel stiff and tight when you run? Maybe you struggle to pick up your feet when your run?
If so, the stretch below is perfect for you.
With more runners working from home and sitting more, hip tightness is a big problem.
Why does it matter?
Good hip flexibility allows you to open your stride and run faster. It doesn’t end there. Flexible hips also protect you from injury. This is particularly true for anyone struggling with low back pain.
As a Physical Therapist, I don’t have to look far for runners who know how to stretch their calf or hamstrings. When it comes to the hips — that’s a different story.
Try the stretch below before or after your run for the next week. You will feel looser and stronger on your runs.
HAVE YOU TRIED THE RUNSMART APP?
Get instant access to the training you need to prevent injury and run your best.
The RunSmart App Gives You:
- Stream strength programs that build core and glute strength for fast and injury free running
- Download Steve’s complete strength guide helps every level of runner get stronger, fix imbalances, and improve their running.
- Instant & 24/7 access to your strength workouts in the app
- Training plans customized to your goals focused on preventing injury and maximizing performance
- Access exercises and stretches to loosen up and fix trouble areas
Click this button to start a two-week trial for $1: