If you feel tight and stiff — this stretch has your name all over it.
Tightness develops for multiple reasons. For runners, it usually from the nature of the sport. Runners are stuck in a single plane of motion, forward and back, and rarely get the twisting and side-to-side motion needed.
Being stuck in one plane builds imbalances and tightness that not only lead to overuse and injury but can drastically change your run form.
It prevents you from running freely and from your whole body.
Run form comes from the whole body — not just the legs. That’s where this stretch nails it. It targets the areas that runners need to not only prevent overuse injuries but to free up their stride and run faster.
Give this stretch a try:
Want To IMPROVE YOUR run form?
- Five weeks of step-by-step training to transform your running
- Fix imbalances with targeted stretching and exercises
- Re-wire bad run habits with simple drills that work
- Weekly Q&A’s to get your questions answered
- NEW: Guided Audio runs to take the training with you on the roads!