You’re gearing up for your next race and, suddenly, you need to miss a training run.
Whether it’s life, work, or soreness you’re trying to protect, most runners find situations where they need to miss a run in their training.
Handling this situation can be challenging. Most runners are type-A and cringe at the idea of missing a run.
As a Physical Therapist, I find that it’s best to take a high-level view of a training plan. Take a look at this video for my full take on the topic:
Ready for More?
Run faster, more consistently, and without the constant fear of injury with the RunSmart App!
Now only $1 for a two-week trial!
RunSmart is a full-service training app that helps runners over 40 train smarter and prevent injury.
Included in the RunSmart App:
- Access 40+ strength workouts that fix imbalances that cause injury and slower running
- Access to the full RunSmart Protocol seminar that teaches you a step-by-step system to injury prevention and recovery
- Build a custom training plan using the Gonser Method — which focuses on preventing injury and maximizing performance
- RunSmart Mechanix, a full run form improvement program designed to address and fix your running form.
- Access to RunSmart coaches, including Steve Gonser PT DPT, with live Q&A sessions and direct lines to ask questions